Monday, February 17, 2014

Towards a Performative Aesthetics of Interactivity Reading POST #1

Simon Penny's article was very intriguing and had a lot of relevant new information (to me) on how interactive art and the digital platform in general has developed as well as some historical context. I found this information after wading through a lot of long-winded writing, very heavy technical jargon, and condescending tones at points that I didn't find very appealing.
 His views on desktop interfaces are interesting and the first I have heard about this issue of 'constraining' interactive possibilities. I wish he would expand more on this point.
His point on the neurological development of generations with this new technologies was very intriguing and related to me as growing up most of my life with 'modern' technology. I wonder how the world, and our brains, will continue to change as more and more technology grows and becomes widely available.





No comments:

Post a Comment